Wednesday, April 1, 2009

First morning in Bali

The Harris Hotel has a very generous check-out: 12 o'clock noon.  Plenty of time for a long and leisurely swim (or two) in the pool - temperature 32 degrees! - and a sumptous breakfast (it's all included in the one low price) - anybody for rice and spicey curry, followed by lots and lots of tropical fruit and French patisseries? - and a short taxi-ride to the Discovery Shopping Mall to pick up a book from Periplus which I had ordered before I left Australia.  An ever-keen real estate agent, Eugene from Lovina, phoned me last night as he's got lots to show me.  Will check out the transport to North Bali and leave around lunchtime.  Goodbye, Harris Tuban; hello Agung Villas Lovina!  I don't know what the internet connection will be like in Lovina but probably a lot, lot slower than here in Tuban.  I have already checked myself back into Harris Tuban for my last night in Bali from the 19th to the 20th, and also confirmed Padma's booking for the 14th of June.  Beats me why anybody would want to holiday in Australia when they can get so much more for so much less here!!!

P.S. Padma, at Darwin airport I bought a croc-hat for "The Professor" and a cute wine-red tee-short for "Miss Surabaya 2025" - see http://www.riverbendnelligen.com/timmy.html and http://www.riverbendnelligen.com/time.html .