Monday, February 22, 2016

To Vera and Danny Hempel of Doenersdreef Zorg

Vera and Danny at Lovina in 2009


Hello Vera and Danny,

We met at the Banjar Hills Retreat in November 2009 and I enjoyed our walks and talks and dinners together. Ibu Made tells me that you haven't been back since, even though you used to come out from Holland every year.

What happened? Is your work at Doenersdreef Zorg keeping you too busy to come back to Bali?

I've been back to Banjar Hills twice since we met. Here are some photos of the good folks at Tegeha; you may recognise some of them.

If you read this, I hope you will email me.

With kind regards

P.S. I haven't heard from Danny again but I discovered that he hasn't been able to stay away from Banjar Hills Retreat: in 2012 he started his own retreat just a few metres down the road at Indo Rumah Zengarden. Well done, Danny!